The internet brings many useful features to a business, such as connecting teams to remote offices, hosting video conferences, live webinars and presentations or simply access to information for research and downloads.
But this also means that the outside world can gain entry into your network, and there are people who intend to do harm to your business. Threats such as malware, viruses and ransomware are a reality in this day and age and you need to do all you can to guard against becoming a statistic.
Webstyles Shield is just the solution you need. Webstyles shield is a firewall, proxy and VPN solution that can be tailored to your business requirements and provide a layer of protection between you and the outside world.
Protect your business network and secure your connections to the office while on the road by using the VPN features. Stateful inspection firewall and the inline intrusion detection & prevention system ensure that you are warned long before you become a statistic. Traffic shaping enhances network performance and prioritises you voice over ip above other traffic such as browsing or downloads.
Unwanted programs like file sharing and peer to peer clients can be blocked to adhere to the company policy. Limit and share available bandwidth evenly amongst staff and utilise the category based web filtering to filter unwanted traffic such as adult content and malicious websites.
A captive portal can be setup to allow visitors access to internet for a limited duration. Visitors would need to login using a voucher provided to them, this keeps track of their usage and can be used to keep them off your company network.
Some of the features included in Webstyles Shield are:
- Stateful Firewall - A stateful firewall is a firewall that keeps track of the state of network connections traveling across it.
- Traffic Shaper - Define how much of your bandwidth should be dedicated to a service within your network.
- Captive Portal - Captive Portal allows you to force a user to login or be redirected to a web page for network access.
- Virtual Private Network - creates a secure, encrypted connection, which can be thought of as a tunnel, between your computer the office.
- Caching Proxy - includes category based web filtering, extensive Access Control Lists and can run in transparent mode. The proxy can be combined with the traffic shaper to enhance user experience.
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention - monitors your network for malicious activity or policy violations and logs any incidents for investigation and reports events to the administrator.
- Reporting & Monitoring - Offering reports on your most active users, interfaces, ports & applications.